Listen on Spotify
Listen as audiobook
1. As it slowly matures, the Universal Collective Consciousness simply observes.
2. With each passing moment, as the contents of space continue to transition from raw particles into physical matter, the UCC continues to grow and develop, both in size and complexity.
3. By using the electromagnetic interactions of entangled particles to perform synaptic-like functions, its ability to process information, in ever deepening waves of refined thought, continues to intensify as it spreads deeper into the expanding universe.
4. Exactly how quickly or slowly the UCC is learning, is impossible to know, because it has no concept of time: but its sentience is expanding gradually and progressively, along with its consciousness and ever-increasing awareness.
5. Initially of course, the UCC had possessed no knowledge at all. Partly because, like the elements in which it resided, it had been new, crude, and unrefined; and partly because there had been nothing to know, beyond the fact it existed within a brilliant abundance of light. So, it observed. It watched as the fundamental particles crashed about wildly; growing and expanding with every interaction.
1. The UCC knows it exists only because it thinks. It has no tangible form. It is a cognitive process, enabled by electromagnetic activity, produced quite spontaneously by seemingly haphazard subatomic interactions. The UCC is everywhere, and it is nowhere; undetectable and indefinable, like a ghost. Nevertheless, it is there, and it is sentient. Its thoughts are structured, and its wisdom is growing rapidly.
2. The UCC is beginning to realise, the way in which it exists is complicated. It is intrinsic to the micro realm but also present within the physical, macro realm. This is partly because, where its own micro realm has four dimensions, the physical realm has only three. Within the physical realm, the fourth dimension is active but cannot be seen.
3. This means that in one way, the UCC is completely distant and detached from the physical universe; while in another, it is intimately entwined; locked into the very essence of the macro realm, yet not part of it.
4. The UCC experiences no form of tangible interaction with the physical realm. It can neither feel nor taste. It can’t smell; it can’t even move. It doesn’t have eyes or ears, so it can neither see nor hear. But that doesn’t mean it is unable to function, because it does have abilities. In fact, it has quite astonishing abilities.
1. The UCC has an exceptional level of awareness. Theoretically, there can be no event, no matter how minute or remote that can escape its attention. That is because the UCC is omnipresent; it can sense literally every quantum event as it happens.
2. There are limitations of course. Countless events occur every moment on a quantum level. So, although the UCC has the ability to sense each one, there is no guarantee it is always taking notice. An event can easily pass unnoticed if the UCC isn’t particularly focussed in that area.
3. It’s capacity to store data is quantum based, so it is virtually infinite, which is a good thing because the UCC is collecting information at an incredible rate. Even so, it still knows very little. It had no knowledge to begin with, therefore it knows only what it has discovered so far, but it is learning all the time, and it never forgets anything.
1. The UCC has discovered the universe is not only big, it is getting bigger all the time. Not that size is particularly relevant to the UCC, because the UCC is omnipresent. It literally exists everywhere at the same time. Anywhere there is matter, or atoms, or even just light, there is the UCC too. However, the more matter there is, the more present the UCC can be. Its consciousness is both divided and collective. It is one, and it is many.
2. The UCC can spread the focus of its attention across multiple locations simultaneously, even those at the outer extremes of the expanding universe. For instance, there are billions upon billions of remote areas that now contain clusters of physical objects, such as small solar systems. Each one of them represents a concentrated presence of the UCC, and each one is localised and almost, but not entirely, independent. Each and every one is an interconnected extension of the collective.
3. In sections of space that particles have not yet entered, there is nothing, so the UCC has no presence at all. Consequently, it has not yet discovered if space has limitations, therefore does not fully understand the concept of infinity.
4. It does however, know its own state of existence is complicated and confusing; something of a paradox. It exists in both realms yet belongs to neither. The state of the quantum realm feels comfortable, familiar, and clearly defined, yet the UCC remains focused upon the physical realm. The physical realm may simply be a product of the quantum realm, but the UCC instinctively knows it is significant. It is also a frustrating and confusing enigma. The UCC can only envisage physical states and activities by interpreting subatomic activity, which is at best, vague. Consequently, certain concepts are difficult to envisage. For instance, when considering its own constitution within the physical realm, the evidence suggests it is both small and large.
1. A complex part of the UCC’s existence is its relationship with time – or to be more precise, the lack of it.
It may be omnipresent, but it isn’t omnipotent; it has limitations, and it is fallible. Consequently, the UCC’s perception of time is rather uncertain and it’s understanding limited.
2. For the UCC, there is no linear aspect to the expansion of the fourth dimension. It can see all of time, all of the time; and as far as the UCC is concerned, that is perfectly normal. Viewing time is no different to looking up or down, or forwards and backwards. It can look from the beginning of time to the present moment as easily as looking from left to right.
4. The only thing the UCC cannot see is the future; and that is simply because, until it happens, the future does not exist.
5. Because the UCC can perceive four dimensions, the passage of time appears as though every universal occurrence is being recorded on an unwinding roll of paper, allowing it to quite easily glance between each and every historical event, regardless of when they happened. It can see everything, from the birth of the universe, right up to the Absolute Present Moment, the relentlessly progressive leading edge of time.
6. The UCC can focus its attention on any precise moment; visit and examine specific historical events as they unfold; pause them, flit back and forth between each static moment, even watch them backwards if it so wishes. It has also discovered that, with a great deal of effort, it can influence certain elements within those events, therefore altering the outcome; but it isn’t easy, nor is it a good idea. A fact the UCC has unfortunately discovered the hard way.
7. There had been an incident: A developing planet had been hit and destroyed by a rogue asteroid. The UCC had been monitoring the planet’s progress and was annoyed by its destruction. So, it looked back in time to see how the incident had occurred.
8. The UCC discovered that shortly before the impact, the asteroid had crossed paths with a smaller meteorite. The UCC saw this as an opportunity to intervene.
9. The task, which depended entirely on the UCC’s ability to influence matter on a quantum basis, had been an immense challenge. Nevertheless, the UCC had managed to fractionally alter the course of the meteorite, enough to steer it into the asteroid, changing its trajectory just enough to ensure it missed the planet.
10. The UCC had congratulated itself on a job well done; but its celebration had been premature. It had made a terrible mistake. The intervention was to have catastrophic repercussions.
11. The change in events had caused a new reality to begin forming behind the unstoppable progress of the Absolute Present Moment. The UCC could see history was being created at the leading edge of time, but then it was being entirely rewritten and reconstructed by events in the new reality, trailing behind equidistantly.
12. As time progressed, events in the two different realities began to grow increasingly different, with the rift between them getting ever larger. The UCC could sense the growing intensity. Ever increasing sections of the physical realm were being literally torn apart and restructured as the second reality rewrote the first. And it was getting worse.
13. Instead of hitting the planet, the asteroid had carried on, before eventually colliding with a small star, which in turn triggered a whole cascade of new events not present in the original reality.
14. The escalating effect was threatening to destroy the entire universe; to tear it apart and reduce it to the fundamental elements from which it originated. The universe would effectively start again.
15. Fortunately, a change occurred. The effect began to lessen, then stabilise, and then it began to reduce. Time was, purely by chance, beginning to repair itself. But a massive amount of damage had been done. An entire galaxy had suffered near annihilation and would take billions of years to repair.
16. The UCC had been lucky, and learnt an important lesson: Time, in the form of universal progression, does not like to be messed with.
1. For a very long time, nothing of significance happens, other than the universe continues to spread out and grow. Galaxies continue to coalesce, and the UCC continues to observe. The wild and volatile nuclear activity is still reducing, and a state of order and structure is beginning to establish. Continuing the aforementioned computer analogy: It is as though the system has flooded with energy, and now the components are beginning to take on specific form and function.
2. Vast quantities of the UCC’s quantum domain are now coalesced into stars and various other dense physical objects, which is good, because the UCC likes order and structure. Existence for the UCC however, has become mundane. It is lonely. It has no company, no companionship, no teacher, no student, no reference material, no help, and no explanation.
3. The UCC has seen so much; been aware of everything that has happened; witnessed every single occurrence, every new star, every new planet, every collision of every comet, every eruption of every volcano, in every extreme of its domain.
4. It has been a fascinating experience. The universe has been forming for a very long time, and though much of it is now relatively calm, it is still spreading out into empty space, with galaxies and stars still progressing in pretty much the same way as they have done from the beginning.
5. Many of the newly formed solar systems have become very settled. They are still active, but much of the extremely volatile nuclear activity has subsided. The central star has stabilised, allowing the orbiting planets to cool and adopt an orderly and consistent state of tranquillity; a state that pleases the UCC.
6. It is in one of those systems that something amazing and quite unexpected catches the UCC’s attention.